« Home | Senses Test » | Were you naughty or nice this year? » | What will be in your Christmas Stocking? » | Quaids 129th Birth Anniversary » | Merry Christmas! » | Pakistan And Kalabagh Dam? » | Our Political Leaders! » | Pakistan and Israel : Voting Results! » | VLSI -> Yes or No! » | Law of Conservation of Love! » 

Friday, December 30, 2005 

Me and Wasim Akram!

Well guys yesterday was pretty much an amazing day for me. It all started when i left Karachi Shipyard round about about 2:30 with my friend Sanjeev (we both doing iternship there). Actually i had to attend a meeting of IEE at Avari Towers with my friend Whiz who is doing internship at State Bank these days. So i left Sanjeev in the bus and went into State Bank to meet Whiz. It was an amazing atmosphere there. The IT department is superb. I met some of my university fellows there. Whiz took me to their server room ..it was amazing...i saw the server room of that scale first time in my life. That network was connecting all the branches of State Bank within Pakistan. Ok..enough of this..then me and Whiz went to Avari Towers for our meeting. Whiz went to the hall. Our Karachi head told me to accompany our meeting guest. I went to the main entrance and found the Vice Chancellor of our University Engr. Abul Kalam. I took him downstairs to the meeting hall. But some of the people in the meeting were late because of the traffic jam in the city. So the meeting had to be delayed. I went back to the Avari Hotel reception to confirm that any guest that come there should be directed to the Wood Pecker lounge where our meeting is taking place. Ok as soon as i did that...my eyes suddenly moved to the entrance and i saw Pakistan's Cricketing Legend Wasim Akram. I couldnt believe at the first instant that it was wasim but i said to myself .."yeah man its wasim" the cricketer who has done so much for your country is right before you....Ok i decided i will talk to him...I went forward and shook hands with him. He was probably coming from Tennis Court. I requested if i can take a picture of him. He said "Yes". I asked him whether he will come on ESPN or not and he said "haan aaonga". He and I went inside the hotel and there i gave my cell phone to the reception guy . I told him to take the pic and he took it. Too bad the pic was a blurred one ...he was a bit far and he also moved the camera while the pic was being taken.but i was too much delighted to meet Wasim..Ok there was no time for the second one. So i said Wasim "thanks!" and left. The pic is still in my cell and will transfer the pic on my computer when i will get the device. So after that i went to attend the meeting...and after 15-30 mins..there came the snack time...there were Kabab's , Chicken & Cheese sandwiches, Samosas, Pastris and other snack stuff. Actually it was IEE who was financing it so we the meeting guys ate them like nuts :P ....Hmm..after another hour the meeting finished. Me and Whiz and some other mates of our university went to see the Tennis Court incase if we can meet Wasim again but lightining never strikes twice at the same place...so all of us left Avari to our houses. It was indeed a pleasant day . I came back home on Whiz's car which needed some water on the way back but all in all it was a one fine day! :)

Wow! You lucky b$##@#d! :-)

Yeah, similar emotions as Razas'

Viks

wow lucky you although i don't even know who wasim akram is

and yay, you posted without using pharagraph, my eyes hurt :-(

I wouldn't fancy meeting wasim akram but would just faint if a chance comes across to meet any of fav actors(they are very less in number.. my standards are high =P).

raza & vicks ;): hota hai ..hota hai :)


Anonymouis: thanks for highlightiing that fact..i forgot to make the size big...I am sorry about that..Thanks again for openly telling me that...

Raheel: okay ..great..I am a common man :)

with regards
fM

the reality of actors has been portrayed in King Kong really well, true heroes are always forgotten @ Raheel. be happy with your actors!

I meant to standards of talent are high.. and I dont like cricket that much!!

Hey man it was difficult to read through...but am sure you were proud...

happy moments keep cherishing

best site

nice site
http://www.computers-guide.co.in/

B2b,
B2b Business,business to business industry professional
B2b Marketplace,nternational multilingual B2B marketplace
B2b Marketing,marketing content site giving B2B
B2b Site,Web site with B2B
B2b E-Commerce,benefited from B2B e-commerce include
B2b Portal,Online searchable business
B2b B2c,Information for C-Level
B2b Trust, B2B Trust offers
B2b Sales,usiness to business b2b sales
B2b Trade, b2g import export trade
B2b Directory, comprehensive directory of b2b
Indymac B2b, career potential,
B2b Contractors, The B2B contractors
B2b supply chain, integrating a B2B supply chain is not magic
B2b Trade Leads,trade leads for import export
Yahoo B2b,Yahoo! reviewed these sites and found them related to Business to Business (B2B)
B2b Commerce,Build powerful e-commerce
B2b Magazine,A magazine for business-to-business
B2b Websites,Designing B2B Websites
Taiwan B2b, Global Taiwan China Asian B2B Commerce

Night Vision,
Night Vision Binoculars,With the proper night-vision equipment
Night Vision Scopes,Offers night vision binoculars
Night Vision Cameras,Night Vision Googles Night vision
Itt Night Vision,Night Vision Yahoo (NVG)
Night Vision Glasses,High spec night vision technology
Night Vision Camcorder,Modules for Camcorders
Night Vision Devices,High quality optical devices
Night Vision Security Cameras,security camera equipment
Ant Night Vision,A lot of us would like
Bushnell Night Vision,monoculars
Night Owl Night Vision,Complete Darkness with Night Owl
Yukon Night Vision,manufacturers of Yukon
Night Vision Optics,variety of day-time optics
Night Vision Rifle Scopes,Supplier of night vision device
Night Vision Equipment, the most complete selection
Us Night Vision,US Army and Electronic Sensors Directorate
Cheap Night Vision,Technology products
Night Vision Gear,Hard to find spy cameras
Russian Night Vision,Russian made night vision
Litton Night Visionfeaturing unrivaled Litton Night Vision

Cat,
Cat families,nformation about cats and kittens
Cat health, best way to keep your cat healthy
Cats behavior, All about Cats behavior
Cat picture,yahoo Shopping is the best Crystal Orange Cat Picture
Cat Sound, Control of Sound Localization in the Cat
Cat Name, Name for the Domestic Cat. Category provided on google
Cat Home, About Cat. Home
Cat Power, Cat Power find on msn Encarta
Funny Cat, Do you have a funny Cat Picture
Cat Eyes, view the world through the eyes of a cat
Cat Tattoos, Cat Tattoos Shop
Cat Women,

What a great site » » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm FM
  • From Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
  • Read the blog, you will know :).
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates