« Home | Global Warming » | Whats your Perfect Major? » | Champions League Returns Today! » | Cartoon Controversy and MMA! » | FFT Processor » | 11 Guys and A Pizza Place! » | National Stadium Karachi » | Linux on MSN TV » | Yes! » | See What the Kid is Doing! » 

Sunday, February 26, 2006 

Killing yourself?

Many teenage and adult groups one will find standing in the corner of the street, near the cigarette shop, in a cafe, near some institution doing nothing other than chatting, bluffing, staring girls and smoking and unfortunately most of them are students who waste their critical times doing nothing. The problem is not get-togethers but a get-together which has no finishing boundary. The prime ingredient of these get-togethers are cigarettes. You will hardly see any group of guys who dont smoke. They keep smoking, chatting, smoking,chatting , smoking..... and they end up gaining nothing. Everyone knows cigarette is injurious to health but still people are there who smoke. So if they dont love themselves how can they love others? If they can't protect themselves how can they protect others. Many teenagers look on the elder groups in the neighbourhoods and start following their styles and make similar groups and inherit same habits. In Pakistan mostly these groups are of boys. These sorta meetings on the corner of the streets, cafe's, apartment basements, shops are diverting our generation astray. Mostly the idea of these sorta meeting is to kill the time.

but these words run into my mind on that response.....

"You are not wasting time....time is wasting you"

and the agony is they chat about shit stuff, smoke shit stuff and they won't listen!

We always take it is a bad habit but I think its immoral too. Drugs might not be, depends on the situation but smoking surely is.

Needless to say! they belive it as their foremost right.

But then here proper check should be carried out on children of 12-18 years of age ... where they are going .. with whom they are spending time ... everything!

As far as I see in my uni, many boys and young teachers smoke quite a lot ... whch boys usually get (inherit) in unis,

But if I have alook at every one arnd me , my brothers cousins even father uncles, everyone ... not a single man smokes ... so it should be poured into a child from beginneing ...too!

good post BTW :)

wassalam

it is really so strange here in my city if anybody finds out that any of the guy from our mosque smokes he would be reported to murabi saheb who is the president of our community than he talks to the person and trys to explain him and make him quit.......

Fortunately, I have never smoked lol so standing and wasting time smoking isnt in my life and on top of that you have to keep up with your studies or here your life means nothing :D.

Its a really nice blog.Your are right these people are just wasting their time,they have nothing to do.How sad these people dont realize what they are doing to themselves.
Our Adults shud have a check on the youngsters but if they themselves are involved in these bad habits how can they stop the others.
These youngsters are definetely killing themselves.I hope God shows them the right way!!

hmm... i never smoke in my life... it just doesn't make sense to me :)

I think it\'s a personal thing as far as smoking away their time is concerned. There are quite a few people who open their books and stare into open spaces, they\'re wasting their time too; just in a different way. =)

-Hira

sorry am late...

I call them loosers, I hate smokers.. and specially when a 13/14 years old kid smoking I simply hate it! and I have been such smokers-group around my street.. or infront of my house.. its a milk shop, they sit and chat, and smoke.. they think they look Cool by smoking..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm FM
  • From Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
  • Read the blog, you will know :).
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates