« Home | I have been Tagged! » | I played the Dean! » | Change yourself and the world will change » | Sir Saqib's Farewell Courtesy INETA » | War of the Worlds » | LDST Program's Screenshot. » | Assignments done! » | 7 Days Remaining! » | Olympics Going to London 2012 » | Karachi's Net gone HAYWIRE! » 

Friday, September 16, 2005 

Karachi's Hot!

In Karachi , you cannot predict when it will rain. The weather forecasters predicted rain in Karachi 3 days before, but not a single droplet has fallen. Karachi is having really hot weather since 3 days now and the forecasters said that this will end by rain. However today was not that hot as it was yesterday and a day before yesterday and some signs were there of rain as clouds were present.

When i was coming back from prayers of Friday, clouds were present giving a sign of raining anytime , on my way back home , i asked a kid named Yasir "Kia aaj baarish hogi ?"
Yasir : " haan hogi, asmaan per cheelain buhut hain "
Me: Acha dekhtay hain :).

But the clouds quickly swept themseleves away and all the hopes of raining were gone. Even child's prediction dint convert into realization :).

Was it a bolt from the blue when after all that hoping and praying it never rained?

Seriously, when I was beginning to read this post I thought Karachi was a codename for some new girl in your town/uni/mind ... :P

btw, have u read this?
http://zindagixp.blogspot.com/2005/06/what-women-want-when-women-wont.html

:P

Naah...It wasnt a bolt from the blue. It happens most of the times in Karachi that cloudes gather and then they go away. I dont know but it takes something special to rain in Karachi. When you think it wont rain, it rains..:P..

lol on Karachi being a codename :P..

The post rocked man. I read it...Amazing stuff...he has damn good knowledge on understanding women.

Did you talk to the kid again? Was he angry that it didn't rain? I hope he has understood by now that raining is like putting a cart before the horse. ;)

raining => "rain prediction"... that is. I don't the idea of not being able to delete your own comments :(

Yeah i told the kid when the cloud cover was gone, "baarish nahi hui yasir"

He just said "Haan" in a disappointing tone and kept on working on his cycle.

thanks for droppin by man !
u have a kool blog urself !

keep in touch

adios

When I was in Wichita, USA, they had a saying, if you dont like the weather in Kansas, wait for 15 minutes. The people in Karachi say that same thing about Karachi weather, badalta rehta hay. Pretty much the same everywhere else. I guess the only predictable place is places like Singapore, where it absolutely does rain a little bit every single day.
About Adnan, you have no idea, how much he knows. Dont hesitate to take a few hints from him from time to time. He is "very knowledgable" and it doesnt hurt to clear a few myths here and there.

Aye aye Sire!.....Point noted :)

with regards
FM

you have a nice blog yourself and khi ka mausam, hehe
well we had rain here yesterday so yeh.

Hey there,

just noticed that you visit my blog and left a comment. I thought I would visit urs and leave one too! The weather in khi is still better than the one lahori's are having. I went this summer to lahore, and I was dieing, it felt like being baked in the oven. I hope it rains! cuz its surely raining here in Canada.
Keep up the posts!

-Laters

Keep up the good work »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm FM
  • From Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
  • Read the blog, you will know :).
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates