« Home | [Germany 2006] Munich Allianz Arena » | Cisco Security Devices, IP Telephones » | David blaine : Splitting the Chicken Head from the... » | Road to Germany [WC 2006] » | Barcelona 2-1 Arsenal [90 + IT] » | Barcelona 0-1 Arsenal [45 + ET] » | Wake up Pakistan! » | Can roads be the measure of progress? » | Christian Vieri and Adriana Lima » | Load-shedding! » 

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 

Crossed 5th line!

I managed to cross 5th line in the swimming pool. I am learning swimming these days, go once in a week though because of the timing constraints. The swimming pool of Aga Khan Sports Complex is quite big not too deep though. One pool is of 4 and a half feet and the other pool is 6 feet but a very wide pool. The first step assigned by the trainer and my brother (cool swimmer MashaAllah) to me was to move the feet straigt in the water for 5 mins which i did after some time...infact 10 mins i reached easily after two three sessions of swimming. Now the second step assigned to me was to cross the entire pool by moving just the legs , not to make use of hands and keep the eyes open in the water. The pool is 20-25 meters long (lenght wise) and is divided with 8 lines (drawn at the bottom) with each two lines 2.2-2.5 meters apart. I first at the start was able to cross only 7 meters (3 lines) but however i kept tryin and tryin and managed to cross the 5th line. However i couldnt stop the breath after that, i tried hard but couldnt cross the 6th. The elusive other end of the pool always waited for me. God willing i will cross that next time.

However one thing i find quite unusual there, during the timings of men, women/girls can stay around the pool (not in the pool) and can do anything but during the timings of women, no man, no kids are allowed. I mean why girls/women are allowed to stay outside the pool during the timing of men?, they keep distracting us! :D...frankly it becomes a lot harder to swim then! :P

About me

  • I'm FM
  • From Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
  • Read the blog, you will know :).
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates