« Home | [My debut] Pakistan Vs England-->Karachi rocks! » | SAW » | Holy-Mania Starts Today! » | World Cup Draws 2006 » | Guess-the-Google » | Bayern Munchen and Weder Bremen Go through! » | Schalke04 out of Champions League » | What is love at first sight? » | Doom The Movie » | Pakistan bamboozle England! [Pak 2-0 England] » 

Saturday, December 17, 2005 

Internship starts!

Well my university got some winter- internship offers and they sent me to Karachi Shipyard. Its at hour long drive from my house. First day, i dressed formally...went to take the bus...my friend Sanjeev was waiting for me at a point at least 25 mins away from my house...i was late in getting up so i messaged by friend you take off for the shipyard..i will join you ..[my friend also got the internship at Shipyard]. So i took the bus ...saw some never seen before industries on my way KESC, Mercedes Benz, Dockyard and many others. I was an hour after my friend reached there. At first i was wrongfully sent to the wrong location in Shipyard. There they told me to teach the students some Mechanical engineers stuff which made me shocked. I told them thats a mechanical engg. stuff ..i cant teach that and i thought within myself [i am here to learn...not to teach anyone..grrr]...I saw the letter that university gave me again and i saw the cheif name whom i had to meet and that made me realized i was at wrong place inside Karachi Shipyard. So i took the letter and fled away from there. I then searched for the cheif whose name was Sabir and eventually i found his office and infront of his office i found my friend Sanjeev who was waiting for me as well. He was there for at least 2 hours. We then together waited to see Mr. Sabir but he was busy in meeting. We waited and waited and together we waited at least 2 hours more and then we met ....wait wait we dint meet Mr. Sabir but we met Mr. Jabir...lol..dont think they are brothers...maybe they are..but me and sanjoo were totally shocked to see their names..Sabir and Jabir. Mr. Jabir is from a Top Brass from Navy. I will discuss his interview after some days...;) dont worry it was an exciting one. After a long hour meeting me and my friend went to the Computer House. Karachi Shipyard still maintains its record in files and not electronically i.e still living in historic ages. Most of the computers are old...i saw only some brand new computers.....Well they told me and my friend that there is some networking stuff to be done for which they might need our help and that will start from monday.....let see ...waiting for monday! :)

Same story for most interns. We go to the organization and the person who's supposed to work with us is "busy with meetings." Sometimes, until the end of the internship.

yeah...i hope it doesnt happen to us till the end of internship :)

with regards
FM

Yea same old story indeed. But its a little better here in the US. Here they value they interns they hire :P.

Khuda hamay Jabir sahib kay jabar say bachaye! Amen! :D

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm FM
  • From Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
  • Read the blog, you will know :).
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates